Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Barack Obama Attacks Running Mate For Having Bailout Position

I watched a few minutes of the interview discussed below because someone had left the TV on NCB when I flipped it on this morning, couldn't hack it... but I tried so I'd think that was worth a few brownie points for stamina? right? If it had been on any station other than NBC I might have been able to hang in there a bit longer, but I'm joining the boycott against the station so it isn't going on in this household. (See Barracuda Babe's blog for more on the NBC thing. http://barracudababes.blogspot.com --- I love this Read My Lipstick Network of blogs!)

"But it's the kind of thing that drives people crazy about politics. Sounds like you were trying to score some political points against John McCain using his words, when your own running mate had used very similar words." -- NBC's Matt Lauer

Barack Obama
NBC's "Today"
September 23, 2008

NBC's Matt Lauer: "Three minutes later in an interview with Meredith Vieira, Joe Biden, your running mate was asked the exact same question, 'should the federal government bailout AIG?' And he said, 'No, the federal government should not bailout AIG.'"

Barack Obama: "I think that in that situation, I think Joe should have waited as well."

Lauer: "But it's the kind of thing that drives people crazy about politics. Sounds like you were trying to score some political points against John McCain using his words, when your own running mate had used very similar words."

Watch Barack Obama

No comments: