Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Governor Sarah Palin On The Hugh Hewitt Show

(She talks like I think! It is SO great to have someone like her running for office. We just have to get her elected.)

"It's time that normal Joe six-pack American is finally represented in the position of vice presidency, and I think that that's kind of taken some people off guard, and they're out of sorts, and they're ticked off about it, but it's motivation for John McCain and I to work that much harder to make sure that our ticket is victorious, and we put government back on the side of the people of Joe six-pack like me, and we start doing those things that are expected of our government, and we get rid of corruption, and we commit to the reform that is not only desired, but is deserved by Americans." -- Governor Sarah Palin

Sarah Palin"
Hugh Hewitt Show"
September 30, 2008

Hugh Hewitt: Governor, your candidacy has ignited extreme hostility, even some hatred on the left and in some parts of the media. Are you surprised? And what do you attribute this reaction to?

Palin: Oh, I think they're just not used to someone coming in from the outside saying you know what? It's time that normal Joe six-pack American is finally represented in the position of vice presidency, and I think that that's kind of taken some people off guard, and they're out of sorts, and they're ticked off about it, but it's motivation for John McCain and I to work that much harder to make sure that our ticket is victorious, and we put government back on the side of the people of Joe six-pack like me, and we start doing those things that are expected of our government, and we get rid of corruption, and we commit to the reform that is not only desired, but is deserved by Americans....

Hewitt: Governor, let's close with some foreign affairs. It is reported that you had an Israeli flag in your governor's office. You wore an Israeli flag pin occasionally. One, is that true? And two, why your support for Israel?

Palin: Well, it is true, and I ran into Shimon Peres recently at a meeting, and he even pointed that out. He said I saw a picture of you on the internet, and you had an Israeli flag in your state government office, and I said I sure do. You know, my heart is with you. And all of those trials and tribulations throughout history that Israel has gone through, not only does that allow me to want to support that country, but Israel is our strongest and most important ally in the Middle East. And they are a democratic country who I believe deserves our support, and I know that John McCain believes as I do that Israel is our friend, and we need to be there to support them. They are there for us, and I do love that country.

Hewitt: Last question, Governor. Have you and Todd heard from your son? And how is it on your nerves having your son deployed?

Palin: That little stinker, I guess he's called his girlfriend a couple of times, but can you believe he hasn't called his momma yet? He's over there. They were just leaving Kuwait heading into Iraq, and I am just so extremely proud of Track, my son, and all of the men and women, of course, serving in the military. I'm proud that my son made this independent and very wise decision as such a young man at 18, deciding you know, he realized there's something he can do to help, to contribute, to help protect our nation, and I couldn't be more proud of him and all those who choose to serve in our military. They're serving for the right reasons. God bless them, God love them.

Hewitt: Governor Sarah Palin, look forward to talking to you again, good luck on Thursday night.
Palin: Thank you so much. Talk to you soon.

Listen To Governor Palin
---
www.FayetteFrontPage.com
Fayette Front Page
Community News You Can Use
Fayetteville, Peachtree City, Tyrone
www.GeorgiaFrontPage.com
www.ArtsAcrossGeorgia.com
---

No comments: